JVC GYHM850C14 1/3" ProHD Shoulder Mount Camcorder with 14x ENG Zoom Lens
JVC GY-HM850 overview
This kit from JVC includes the GY-MH850 Camcorder and a 14x ENG style zoom lens. The camcorder adopts an ENG form factor and captures 1080p 60 video recording with adjustable data rates to either MPEG2, AVCHD, or H.264 at 50/35 Mbps. The camcorder incorporates dual SDHC/SDXC cards slots providing relay recording, so you may never have to stop recording to switch media when it gets full.
The included 14x ENG style Canon zoom lens features Flourite glass and is a member of Canon's HDgc line of digital encoder zoom lens. The lens features a zoom range of 4.4 to 62mm and holds a constant F-stop of 1.6 throughout the zoom range. It features Canon's Shuttle Shot and manual/servo control of zoom and iris functions.
JVC GY-HM850CHU ProHD Compact Shoulder Mount Camera
The JVC GY-HM850CHU ProHD Compact Shoulder Mount Camera is a 1/3" video camera with an interchangeable lens system. This is only the camera body, and does not include the lens. This versatile camera uses three 1/3" CMOS sensors with 12-bit processing to deliver Full HD 1920x1080 video at up to 60p. The GY-HM850CHU offers a full complement of broadcast features, including a 3G-SDI output, HDMI output, timecode, genlock, and variable frame rates.
The camera provides dual SDHC/SDXC memory card slots which allow for a wide range of recording options. In addition to recording high quality footage, you can also simultaneously record in two different formats, for lower resolution proxy or web-ready files, or use the two media card slots for relay recording. With built-in network protocols, all you need to do is attach available USB network adapters to begin streaming live from your shooting location, while simultaneously recording to SDHC/SDXC memory cards.. A compact shotgun microphone comes included.
- Full HD 1/3-inch CMOS Sensors
- The three 1/3-inch 2.07 effective-megapixel CMOS sensors are capable of capturing Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution video at up to 60p. Featuring 12-bit processing and a high f/11 sensitivity (60 Hz mode), the camcorder renders color with minimal aberration. For improved CMOS sensor performance, flash-band compensation is also supported.
- FALCONBRID Image Processing Engine
- The on-board FALCONBRID engine processes large amounts of video data at high speeds. Working in conjunction with 2D DNR processing and dynamic range compensation circuitry, the GY-HM850CHU is built to deliver high-quality images.
- MPEG-2/AVCHD Recording and Dual Codec
- The camcorder supports both the popular MPEG-2 Long GOP format (at 35, 25, and 19 Mbps) used by television broadcasts, and the efficient AVCHD progressive format, compatible with a wide range of playback devices and NLE systems. This gives you the flexibility to meet a variety of workflow demands. The Dual Codec feature allows the camcorder to simultaneously record HD and SD video or HD and Web video, producing full HD files on one memory card while creating smaller, web-based files and lower resolution proxies on the other.
- H.264 50 Mbps Recording
- The GY-HM850CHU can record using the H.264 Extreme High Quality (XHQ) 50 Mbps codec for twice the compression efficiency as MPEG2. The codec offers excellent motion prediction, useful for smoother capture of fast moving subjects, with reduced block noise. The 50 Mbps bit rate is also high enough to support Full HD 1920x1080 resolutions up to 60p.
- Multiple File Formats for Native Workflows
- Choose the file type that works best for your workflow. The camera records to standard formats that are native to many NLE systems, including your choice of QuickTime MOV, XDCAM EX compatible MP4, AVCHD Progressive, and H.264 Extreme High Quality at up to 50 Mbps.
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots
- Dual SDHC/SDXC memory card slots enable simultaneous recording and relay recording. In relay recording mode, you can shoot continuously over multiple cards. When one card is full, the camcorder switches seamlessly and automatically to the other card. And because cards are hot swappable, there is effectively no limit to the continuous recording time. You can even start transferring or editing footage off one card while shooting to the other.
- Compact Shoulder Mount Form Factor
- The shoulder-mounted form factor of the camera makes it well suited to ENG style shooting, in a size that is still compact and light. This allows you to shoot longer with less fatigue than when using larger, heavier shoulder-mounted cameras. Zoom and REC buttons are also available on the handle for low-angle shooting.
- 0.45" LCOS Viewfinder
- The GY-HM850CHU is equipped with a high-resolution (852 x 480 x 3) LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) 0.45" viewfinder, for crisp images with higher vertical resolution and color reproduction than traditional LCD viewfinders. The viewfinder's native aspect ratio is 16:9, with safe area indications available for popular aspect ratios including 2.35:1. In the record mode, audio level indications, battery level (when using digital batteries) and estimated time remaining for each memory card are displayed in the viewfinder.
- 4.3" LCD Monitor
- Complementing the viewfinder is a large 4.3" 800 x 480 resolution LCD flip out monitor that can be used in recording, playback, clip management, and menu operation. The monitor provides a wide array of monitoring and setup indications. It is designed to reduce surface reflections and glare to maintain a clear, visible, bright view during outdoor recording. Menu items are easily selected using user-friendly setting cross keys. Thanks to the oversized monitor, you can see changes to the images as you change settings.
- Pre Rec and Interval Rec Modes
- In Pre Rec mode, the GY-HM850CHU continually records up to 10 seconds in cache memory. When the trigger is pressed, the live signal is appended to the cache recording, giving the shooter a head start in getting the shot. This feature is invaluable in capturing breaking events when the shot would be lost before a traditional camera could begin recording. Interval Rec allows you to record single frames at set intervals to capture time-lapse recordings.
- Variable Frame Rate Recording
- When recording H.264 1080p 50/35 Mbps or MPEG-2 720p 35 Mbps, the camera can be set to record at a frame rate different than the playback rate, making it possible to record slow or fast motion when the recording is played back at 24, 25, or 30 fps. Under-cranking in the MPEG-2 1080p 35 Mbps mode is also available.
- Simultaneous 3G/HD/SD-SDI, HDMI Output
- For live broadcast applications, or for monitoring, the GY-HM850CHU provides an uncompressed, 4:2:2 Full HD or downconverted SD signal via its 3G/HD/SD-SDI connector. An HDMI connector outputs the same signal as the BNC connector, which is useful for monitoring while shooting live events. The HDMI output can be switched to RGB mode when monitoring via a computer. The signal can come from either the camera or from memory playback. The 3G-SDI output includes embedded uncompressed audio. It is also possible to output menu and clip viewer via the SDI output.
- Genlock Input and Time Code In/Out
- For multi-camera productions, a genlock input and TC input/output are available. Time codes can be preset from within the GY-HM850CHU's menu, or can be input from an external time code generator - useful in isocam recording applications. The camera can also be used as a master TC generator, providing a time code output for other cameras or audio recorders to sync to. When using a KA-F790 Fiber Transceiver, external time code may be provided from a master generator at the base station and becomes available through the camera's time code output as well as for ISO recording onto SDHC cards.
- Wired Remote Control Operation
- In addition to JVC's wired remote system, the GY-HM850CHU also supports LANC remote controllers for flexible camera operation in a variety of setups.
- 4-Channel Audio System
- The camera is equipped with two XLR audio inputs that are switchable between microphone (with phantom power support) and line input, a stereo 3.5mm AUX input. The audio from each of the inputs can be assigned to an independent channel, enabling commentary or narration to be added in the field.
- ProHD Supporting Software
- The ProHD Clip manager makes it easy to manage MP4 clips on the SDHC/SDXC memory cards from your computer. You can copy, move, delete, preview clips, and edit clip metadata. The clip manager is compatible with both Mac and Windows. The ProHD Log and Transfer Plug-in works with Apple's Final Cut Pro to enable MP4 files recorded on the GY-HM850CHU to be dropped into the clip bin and automatically converted to QuickTime format.
- Direct File Transfer from Shooting Location
- With a built-in network connection engine, all you have to do is connect either a Wi-Fi, 4G-LTE/3G modem, or USB-RJ45 adapter to the USB hot interface to begin transferring files directly from your shooting location.
- Camera Control and Metadata Editing via Network
- View your footage live on an iOS/Android smartphone or tablet when the camera is connected to Wi-Fi (using an optional adapter). You also have control over camera functions such as record, pause, and zoom, as well as editing metadata. A GPS unit is built-in to the camera, enabling location information to be recorded as metadata along with the video data.
- Advanced Streaming and Cloud Services
- Besides recording high-quality video to SDHC/SDXC memory cards, the GY-HM850CHU can also transfer live streaming video/audio when optional adapters are attached. When added to the compact size of the camcorder, the wireless capability enables faster delivery of live video for ENG applications. In addition to UDP/TCP support, the GY-HM850CHU also supports RTSP/RTP and Zixi protocols. With a built-in Zixi engine, connecting to a 4G-LTE/3G or Wi-Fi network is as easy and plugging in a USB network adapter, sold separately. The camera can also be used in conjunction with Zixi's cloud delivery service which enables reliable video delivery over the internet simply by entering a single IP address.
Please note: A subscription to Zixi services is required to use the Zixi engine with connected USB network adapters.
- Additional Features
- 4 Position ND Filter (Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- Focus Assist Function
- Histogram Display and Expanded Focus Functions
- Intuitive GUI
- 12 assignable user buttons
Canon KT14x44KRS 1/3" HDgc Lens
The Canon KT14x44KRS 1/3" HDgc Lens is a high definition, 14x zoom lens for 1/3" CCD video cameras including the JVC GY-HM750, JVC GY-HM710, JVC GY-HM790, and other available cameras with a 1/3" mount. It is suitable for ENG style and HD productions, and it is part of the Canon HDgc line of lenses. The HDgc lenses feature flourite lens elements and Hi-UD glass.
The lens features 14x zoom range of 4.4 to 62mm and maintains a constant f-stop of 1.6 throughout the range. It also covers both 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios, so you can use it on cameras that shoot in either aspect ratio. The lens features manual or servo control of both zoom and iris functions and macro feature for extreme close up work.
- Portable HD zoom lens for high definition camcorders with 1/3" sensors.
- Designed for HD ENG and production applications.
- 14x zoom ratio (4.4 to 62mm).
- Compact and lightweight at 2.4 pounds.
- Made of fluorite and Hi-UD glasses to optimize the picture quality at center and edges of the image.
- Aspheric lens elements minimize unwanted internal reflections and geometric distortions.
- Ergonomic design makes the unit flexible in operation, reduces physical strain, and reduces operator fatigue.
- 16-bit high-resolution rotary encoders for high-precision lens control.
- Shuttle Shot - the lens can memorize any 2 focal lengths and automatically shuttle between the 2 points, both ways