Blackmagic Design Mini Converter Optical Fiber 4K
This Mini Converter Optical Fiber 4K from Blackmagic Design allows you to convert SD/HD/6G-SDI to optical fiber and optical fiber to SD/HD/6G-SDI simultaneously. It is ideal for Ultra UD broadcast, post production, and professional AV applications that integrate optical fiber cables with professional SDI equipment.
The Mini Converter automatically switches between SD, HD, and Ultra HD video inputs signals and will output signals with matching resolution and frame rates. No DIP switches or software controls are required. Embedded optical fiber and SDI audio is supported and sampled at 48kHz and 24-bit. Included with the converter is a 12V universal power supply.
- Optical Fiber Conversion
- Bi-directional converter lets you simultaneously convert SDI to optical fiber and optical fiber to SDI.
- 6G, HD, and SD Format Support
- The Mini Converter supports a wide range of video resolutions, including 4K 4096x2160p24 signals, Ultra HD 3840x2160p, 2K 2048x1080p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and SD in both NTSC and PAL. SDI and optical fiber inputs automatically detect format, resolution, and frame rate, and the Mini Converter outputs a matching signal.
- USB 2.0 Port
- Update the device via the USB 2.0 port and Blackmagic Design's Convert Utility software, which downloads and installs firmware updates directly from their website.
- Universal Power Supply & Cable Tie
- The 12V universal power supply comes with international plug adapters for all countries. A cable tie point is provided to secure the power supply connection, thus preventing any accidental power disruption.
- Additional Features
- 10-bit optical fiber inputs and outputs
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 SDI video sampling in YUV and RGB color spaces
- Compliant with SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601 and SMPTE 297M standards
|SDI Video Input||SD, HD, and 6G-SDI, auto-switchable|
|SDI Video Output||Automatically matches the SD, HD, and 6G-SDI optical input.|
|Optical Fiber Video Input||1 x 10 bit SD/HD/6G-SDI switchable|
|Optical Fiber Video Output||1 x 10 bit SD/HD/6G-SDI switchable|
|Optical Fiber Audio Input||16 channel embedded|
|Optical Fiber Audio Output||16 channel embedded|
|Multi-Rate Support||Auto detection of SD, HD, or 6G-SDI|
|SD Format Support||525/29.97 NTSC
|HD Format Support||720p 50/59.94/60
|2K Format Support||2048x1080p 23.98/24/25
|4K Format Support||3840x2160p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601, and SMPTE 297M|
|SDI Video Rates||Switchable between SD, HD, and 6G-SDI|
|SDI Video Sampling||4:2:2 and 4:4:4|
|SDI Audio Sampling||24 bit, 48 kHz|
|SDI Color Precision||4:2:2 and 4:4:4|
|SDI Color Space||YUV and RGB|
|SDI Auto Switching||Automatically detects SD, HD, or 6G-SDI|
|Internal Software Upgrade||Via USB 2.0 using included Converter Utility software|
|Power Supply||12 V|
|Operational Voltage Range||12 to 30 VDC|
|Power Consumption||3.84 W|
|Package Weight||1.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||5.6 x 5.3 x 1.8"|