Blackmagic Design Multidock 2
The MultiDock 2 from Blackmagic Design is a rack-mountable four disk docking station for Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 based computers. Housed in a compact 1U rackmountable chassis, it supports up to four 2.5" SATA SSDs or HDDs and features a single rear-mounted Thunderbolt 2 connection for data speeds up to 20 Gb/s. You can even stripe multiple disks together into a single fast storage volume, ideal for 4K editing, effects, and color correction work. A loop-through Thunderbolt port is provided, which lets you daisy chain up to five additional Thunderbolt devices and connect them to your computer via a single Thunderbolt cable. A software CD with disk utility software comes included.
- Dock and Edit
- The MultiDock 2 supports docking up to four independent 2.5" SATA SSD or HDDs so you can plug in multiple media disks and work directly from them. Simply plug in your disk and your Mac OS X or Windows computer will recognize it as a regular hard drive. The MultiDock 2 is ideal for accessing media recorded from the Blackmagic Cinema Camera and Production 4K Camera, HyperDeck SSD recorders, or any other 2.5" drive-based recorder.
- Thunderbolt 2
- Using Thunderbolt 2 technology, the MultiDock 2 provides fast transfer speeds to your computer at up to 20 Gb/s with a single cable connection. This speed is particularly useful when working with high-resolution Ultra HD and DCI 4K footage, or stereoscopic 3D files. The MultiDock 2 is also compatible with existing Thunderbolt 1 computers and provides a loop-through for daisy-chaining five additional Thunderbolt devices.
- RAID Storage
- For fast storage, the MultiDock 2 can be configured into a multi-disk RAID by using the disk utility software to "stripe" the disks into a single fast storage volume, great for 4K editing, effects, and color correction work. When used with the latest SATA 3 SSDs, you get performance over 500 MB/s.
- Additional Features
- Independent SATA 3 disk interface chip per disk slot so you never get slowdowns because of SATA bandwidth issues
- 1 RU chassis
- Built-in power supply
- Drivers built-in so no additional software is needed
- User replaceable socket connector boards in each disk slot
- Illuminated indicator surrounding each disk slot shows when the disk is being accessed
|SSD Interface||4 x 2.5" SATA 3, 6 Gb/s|
|Computer Interface||2 x Thunderbolt 2 ports|
|Power||1 x IEC Power Connection, 110 to 240 VAC|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 122°F (5 to 50°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 90%, non-condensing|
|Rack Height||1 RU|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||18.98 x 1.75 x 5.82" (48.21 x 4.45 x 14.78 cm)|
|Weight||4.25 lb (1.93 kg)|
|Package Weight||5.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||19.4 x 7.6 x 3.4"|