Blackmagic Design Studio Camera HD 2
The Blackmagic Design Studio Camera HD 2 is an updated compact and lightweight broadcast camera designed for live production. This is version 2, which removes the internal battery, making for a studio camera that is both lighter and simpler to ship to locations without running afoul of airline shipping restrictions. Constructed from a magnesium alloy body, the camera is light even for travel, yet durable enough for use in the field. It has a large 10" LCD screen with detachable sunshade and an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount for compatibility with a wide range of lenses. The camera also provides features you'd expect to find in larger studio cameras, such as tally indicators, talkback, XLR audio connections, 3G-SDI inputs/outputs, and even optical fiber via an optional module.
The camera offers 1080i and 1080p resolutions at frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, and 60, as well as 720p at 60, 59.94, and 50. It outputs 10-bit 4:2:2 video via its 3G-SDI output. For power, the camera has a standard 4-pin XLR power input for external power sources. The camera control buttons have been placed right below the viewfinder, letting you easily make adjustments without taking your eyes off your subject. The camera can also be controlled via ATEM switchers with a future update. The update will be available as a free download for both the camera and the ATEM switchers, and will send camera control commands down the SDI program feed to the camera to control focus, iris, gain, and more straight from your ATEM production switcher.
- Compact and Lightweight Design
- The Blackmagic Studio Camera features a compact magnesium allow chassis that is both lightweight and strong, making it well suited for use in the studio or in the field. The camera body features a rubberized coating that gives extra grip when changing lenses. It's lightweight and compact size makes it easy to transport and be used in tight spaces.
- Integrated 10" LCD Screen
- The large 10" screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200, letting you easily view your shots while operating the camera. The large detachable sunshade protects the screen from glare and creates your own private viewing space. With a wide viewing angle, you'll have a clear view of your image even when panning to extreme angles.
- Control Panel
- For easy operation, all of the most important control buttons are placed right below the LCD screen, letting you make adjustments without having to scroll through complicated menus. You can instantly turn on overlays, adjust focus and iris settings, activate talkback, and even select return program video.
- Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- The Blackmagic Studio Camera uses an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount. Choose from available MFT lenses, or use third party adapters to mount anything from common DSLR lenses to PL-mount cinema lenses, or even B4 ENG broadcast lenses.
- Broadcast Connections
- Connections are grouped on both sides of the camera with video in and out (3G-SDI and optical fiber) and power on side, and XLR audio inputs, headphones, and LANC on the other. This lets you quickly setup and change cables as needed, while keeping them out of the way and protected during your production.
- Optional Bi-Directional Optical Fiber Module
- With the addition of an optional and user-upgradeable optical fiber module, you can use standard, low cost fiber optic cable to connect the camera to a switcher over large distances, even at the largest outdoor venues. The optical fiber connection is bi-directional and carries HD or Ultra HD video with embedded audio, talkback, tally, and even camera remote control.
- Built-In Talkback
- Built-in talking lets the camera operator and crew communicate at all times during production. The Blackmagic Studio Camera is compatible with general aviation headset connections, letting users choose from a wide range of available headsets. And because talkback is embedded in the optical or SDI video connection to the camera, you don't have to run separate talkback cables.
- Illuminated Tally
- The Blackmagic Studio Camera supports the tally SDI standard used on the ATEM range of live production switchers. This means that tally from the switcher is broadcast to all cameras from all video outputs of the ATEM switcher and it's sent to the camera via the program video connection. Tally lights illuminate automatically when your camera is live, and will stay illuminated during multiple cameras transitions. With a light on the front for talent, and a light above the viewfinder for the operator, cast and crew can easily see which cameras are on air.
- View Program Video
- View program video from your live production switcher at the press of a button. Simply press the camera's PGM button and the viewfinder will display the program video feed from your switcher, turning the viewfinder into a large SDI monitor. You can even use the program SDI input to view playback from a local HyperDeck recorder when using the Blackmagic Studio Camera for recording.
- Multiple Mounting Points
- A variety of mounting points lets you customize your rig to suit your product needs. The Blackmagic Studio Camera includes two 3/8"-16 mounting points on the bottom, and ten 1/4"-20 mounting points on the side and the top.
- 4-Pin XLR Power Input
- There is a standard 4-pin XLR power connector for external 12 to 24V power supplies.
- ATEM Camera Control Update
- This update, which will be available as a free download for both the ATEM switchers and Blackmagic Studio Camera, allows for control of the camera from any ATEM production switcher. It works by sending the camera control commands down the SDI program feed to the camera and lets you adjust focus, iris, gain, and more. Blackmagic has also taken the primary color corrector from DaVinci Resolve and built it into the camera, which can be controlled from the ATEM switcher. This means you can control a full primary color corrector from the camera itself, letting you do more creative corrections than simple color balancing.
|Size||10.1" (25.7 cm)|
|Resolution||1920 x 1200|
|Package Weight||7.25 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.9 x 10.2 x 8.3"|