JVC GY-HM200SPU 4KCAM Compact Handheld Streaming Camcorder
With the JVC GY-HM200SPU 4KCAM Compact Handheld Streaming Camcorder the SP stands for Sports Overlay, and it brings real-time score overlay to a 4K camcorder without requiring a CG or production switcher. Designed to allow a single person to shoot sporting events, overlay graphics and stream HD video. Aimed at schools with limited equipment and personnel budgets, or anyone who shoots sporting events and requires graphic overlays. The camera brings 4K Ultra HD recording and professional features in a versatile, handheld form-factor. It features a 1/2.33" BSI sensor for improved low-light capability, and it supports Ultra HD (3840x2160) resolution video at 24/30p, and 8-bit 4:2:2 Full HD 1080p video from 24p to 60p. A new 70 Mbps recording mode for 4K, allows you to record onto Class 10 SDHC/SDXC cards. The camcorder is equipped with a 12x zoom lens that provides a 35mm equivalent focal range of 29.5 to 354mm, with a 24x dynamic zoom mode available when recording HD video. Designed to fit into professional workflows, the camcorder comes complete with dual XLR audio inputs, 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs, and JVC's dual codec Advanced Streaming Technology.
When equipped with an optional Wi-Fi or 4G LTE modem, the GY-HM200SP allows you to deliver a live video stream in the field directly from the camcorder. Through its dual codec support, the camcorder can stream live HD video to hardware decoders, Ustream, Wowza streaming engines, and ProHD Broadcaster servers powered by Zixi, while simultaneously recording video internally to SDHC/SDXC media cards. A variety of streaming protocols, including RTMP, allows delivery to popular streaming websites and content delivery networks (CDN). Zixi's Advanced Streaming Technology (AST) provides content-aware error correction and bandwidth shaping, while JVC's Streamconfidence delivers real-time feedback of LTE and streaming status in the viewfinder.
For composing and monitoring video, the camcorder features a 3.5" LCD and a 0.24" viewfinder, both with a smart focus assist function. Additional features found on the camcorder include built-in ND filters, built-in stereo microphone, wired remote control support, and nine assignable function buttons. A top handle unit, which includes the XLR audio box, comes included, along with a 7.4 VDC 4900mAh battery and AC adapter.
- Graphic Overlay
- The GY-HM200SP can receive score information from a wirelessly connected mobile device, and display that information as a graphic overlay on the video. The camera comes with basic layouts that are fitting for use with a wide variety of sports.
- 4K Ultra HD Recording at 150 Mbps
- The camcorder records up to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) video at 24/30p to UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) memory cards at 150 Mbps. Recordings are made using the QuickTime (.MOV) file format and are compatible with many popular editing systems.
- 4K Ultra HD Recording at 70 Mbps
- A 70 Mb/s recording mode for 4K, allows you to record onto lower cost Class 10 SDHC/SDXC cards.
- Live 4K HDMI Output
- Connect a 4K Ultra HD monitor with a single HDMI cable and view the camera's live 4K signal. You can also playback recorded files directly from the camera. Additionally, the camcorder downconverts UHD signals to standard HD for output through the built-in SDI or HDMI connectors.
- 4:2:2 Full HD Recording at 50 Mbps
- The camcorder records broadcast-quality 4:2:2 Full HD 1080p signals up to 60p at 50 Mbps, making it an ideal camera for general HD production work. 50 Mbps files are stored in the QuickTime (.MOV) format for easy editing. Conventional AVCHD (4:2:0) recording is also possible, providing wide editing compatibility in an array of standard HD and SD formats.
- Web Friendly Proxy Recording
- Lower resolution H.264 files (480x270p and 960x540p) may be recorded simultaneously with Full HD files. These files are significantly smaller than HD files, making them more suitable for immediate posting to the web. A file recorded in the 960x540 mode is approximately 1/10th the size of a Full HD file recorded at 35 Mbps, and therefore takes a fraction of the time to post. The smaller files may be quickly imported to an iPad for easy editing using iMovie or Pinnacle Studio.
- Advanced Streaming Technology
- When equipped with an optional Wi-Fi or 4G LTE high-speed broadband modem, the camcorder can deliver a live video stream directly to USTREAM and YouTube, while simultaneously recording HD video internally to SDHC/SDXC memory cards. Transmission at selected resolutions and bitrates is possible independent of the recording mode. The GY-HM200SP offers a range of streaming options from basic point-to-point to cloud streaming with advanced error correction.
- Key Features
- 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) recording (150 Mbps, 24/30p) to SDXC (UHS-I U3) cards
- 4:2:2 Full HD (24-60p) recording at 50 Mbps
- 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs (Live 4K output via HDMI only)
- 2 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16)
- 2-channel XLR audio inputs with phantom power
- Built-in stereo microphone
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable dual, backup, and continuous recording
- Advanced JVC streaming engine compatible with USTREAM, Wowza Streaming Engine, and Zixi
- IP network remote control, remote viewing, metadata editing, FTP clips (with optional network connection and adapter)
- 3.5-inch color LCD display (920K pixel)
- 0.24-inch color viewfinder (1.56M pixel)
- Smart focus assist function on LCD and viewfinder
- Wired remote control supported
- 9 user button assignable functions
- Includes handle unit, SSL-JVC50 7.4V battery, and AC adapter
JVC GY-HM200SP specs
|Image Sensor||1/2.33" CMOS sensor
Total Resolution: 12.4 Megapixel
|Shutter Speed||1/4 to 1/10000|
|Gain||0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 dB, Lolux (30,36 dB), AGC|
|ND Filters||Clear, 1/4, 1/16|
|Type||Fixed zoom lens|
|Focal Length||4.67 to 56.04 mm|
|35mm Equivalent Focal Length||29.5 to 354 mm|
|Maximum Aperture||f/1.2 to 3.5|
24x Dynamic zoom in HD
|Filter Diameter||62 mm|
|Stabilization||Optical image stabilizer|
|Wireless Connectivity||Via optional Wi-Fi and 4G LTE modems|
|Protocol||RTMP, MPEG2-TS/UDP, MPEG2-TS/TCP, RTSP/RTP, ZIXI|
|Bitrate||0.2 to 8.0 Mbps|
|Resolution||1920x1080, 1280x720, 720x480, 480x270|
|Package Weight||6.4 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||13.6 x 11.0 x 10.0"|