LaCie 4TB (2 x 2TB) Rugged RAID
Utilizing hardware RAID and Thunderbolt technology, the Lacie 4TB (2 x 2TB) Rugged RAID is well suited for videographers, photographers, and heavy data users. The Rugged RAID comes packed with two 2TB hard drives that can be hardware configured into RAID 1 or 0. The drives spin at 5400 rpm. Preconfigured in RAID 0, the drives offer performance with read and write speeds up to 240 MB/s to provide quick access to your data. For redundancy, you can set the drives in RAID 1 to create an exact copy of data onto both drives, which offer a total capacity of 2TB, for preserving data in the event if one drive fails.
The Rugged RAID is outfitted with an integrated Thunderbolt cable that transfers data at a rate of 10 Gb/s to your Mac or PC system. Additionally when connected via Thunderbolt, the Rugged RAID draws power from this connection without the need for carrying a bulky external power supply. For compatibility, it also comes with USB 3.0 interface that supports USB 2.0 and UAS. To live up to its name, the Rugged is built to withstand drops from 5' when in non-operating mode and an IP 54 rating makes it dust and water resistant. Furthermore, it protects your data on the drives with AES 256-bit software encryption.
- Versatility Anywhere, on Any Computer
- Tailor the LaCie Rugged to your precise needs. Leave it in RAID 0 (striped mode) to maximize speed and capacity. Or choose RAID 1 (mirrored mode), where your data is duplicated across the two drives. So even if a drive fails in the field, your files remain completely accessible. Using LaCie Setup Assistant, it's easy to make the LaCie Rugged compatible with any Mac computer, PC, or both. And with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces and hardware RAID, any computer will recognize the LaCie Rugged. It lets you transport a massive amount of data with complete security, and access it freely from any computer.
Designed for Mobility
- Rugged Design
- The LaCie Rugged is tested to withstand drops of up to 5' (1.5m) and 1 ton of pressure. So whether the LaCie Rugged takes a jarring jeep ride or is crushed by stacks of suitcases in the airplane cargo hold, your data remains safe.
- Protective Cap
- With its cap in place, the LaCie Rugged is IP 54-rated for resistance to dust and water splashing - even during operation. So even during a dust storm or tropical downpour, you stay confident that your data remains accessible.
- 4TB Capacity
- Under a RAID 0 array, the Rugged RAID combines the capacity from both drives into a single volume of 4TB
- Integrated Thunderbolt Cable
- Ensure you never lose your cable, stow it neatly when not in use, while saving space in your luggage.
- No Power Cable Needed
- Powered through the Thunderbolt cable, the LaCie Rugged lets you access your data anywhere - no power outlet required.
- Hardware RAID
- The LaCie Rugged's RAID system is operating system independent, so any computer recognizes it as long as the file system format you choose is compatible with the host computer.
- Software Suite
- The LaCie Rugged includes everything professionals need for secure backup in the field: a backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine and Windows Backup. It also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you password-protect the entire drive or only certain volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.
- LaCie Setup Assistant - format and create partitions for use on Mac, PC, or both
- LaCie Private-Public - password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
- LaCie Backup Assistant - backup software designed for PC/Mac
- LaCie Desktop Manager - monitor the hard drive's health and configure email alerts
LaCie STFA4000400 specs
|Drive Type||2 x 2 TB hard drives|
|Drive Rotation Speed||5400 rpm|
|Interface||Thunderbolt bus powered
USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 and UAS compatible)
The included external power supply is needed when connecting via USB
|Interface Transfer Rate||Thunderbolt: 10 Gb/s
USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
|Read / Write Speeds||RAID 0: read 240 MB/s, write 240 MB/s
RAID 1: read 115 MB/s, write 120 MB/s
|RAID Modes||Preconfigured RAID 0
Hardware RAID 0/1
Easy RAID selection
|Resistance||Dust and Water: IP 54 rated
Shock: drops up to 5' (1.5 m) in non-operating mode
Pressure: 1 ton (2,205 lb / 1,000 kg)
Theft: password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
|System Requirements||Computer with a Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, or USB 2.0 port
600 MB free disk space
Thunderbolt: Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
USB 3.0: Latest version of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.6 or later
|Dimensions||1.3 x 3.6 x 5.8" / 34.0 x 91.0 x 148.0 mm|
|Weight||1.23 lb / 0.56 kg|
|Package Weight||2.05 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.3 x 4.8 x 3.6"|