LaCie 6big 60TB 6-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID Array (6 x 10TB)
LaCie's 6big comes with six 10TB hard drives along with RAID performance and Thunderbolt 3 technology to provide you with 60TB of storage capacity that can be quickly accessed. Each of the 6big's six hot-swappable drive bays houses an enterprise-class 3.5" hard drive that spins at 7200 rpm. The two Thunderbolt 3 ports allow you to connect up to five Thunderbolt-equipped devices to your computer. Another notable connection includes a USB 3.1 port that supports up to 10 Gb/s speeds. To remain compatible with a greater number of systems, you can connect this 6big array with a computer outfitted with a standard USB port by utilizing an included USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable. There is also a pair of redundant cooling fans for cooling the drives and internal components.
LaCie has equipped this RAID array with Thunderbolt 3 technology that transfers data at a rate of up to 40 Gb/s and offers a reversible USB-C connection. For data performance and redundancy, an onboard hardware RAID controller lets you set the 3.5" hard drives in 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, or 50 RAID configuration. With LaCie RAID Manager, RAID setup is straightforward by offering an intuitive interface to administer the LaCie 6big. Leveraging RAID 0 and Thunderbolt 3, the 6big is able to deliver up to 1400 MB/s read and write speeds.
- Fast I/O
- LaCie has outfitted the 6big with Thunderbolt 3 to keep up with the fast performance of a RAID 0 array. The 6big comes equipped with a hardware RAID controller and 7200 rpm drives.
- Fast Video Workflows
- Ingest hours of raw footage from a camera into a video editing program in a fraction of the time, so you can edit multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 4444 XQ, as well as uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit videos.
- Smart Workspace
- With double the video bandwidth of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain dual 4K displays or a single 5K display to the LaCie 6big. With two 4K displays, you can spread out your on-screen workspace by dedicating one display to your timeline and the other to previewing 4K footage. It's even possible to power a compatible laptop through the Thunderbolt 3 connection.
- Storage Capabilities
- With a RAID-protected solution, the LaCie 6big improves data access and security to help save money in the long term. You can divide your storage into multiple volumes according to your workflow. Create one volume for ingesting transcoded clips and current projects and another for archiving final footage. Additionally, Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain up to six storage devices to a computer via a single input, bringing a massive amount of storage for your computer.
- Additional Features
- Aluminum enclosure: Dissipates heat better than plastic
- Advanced cooling: Thermoregulated fans pull heat away from the internal components. With a redundant design, the LaCie 6big remains operational even if a fan fails
- Software Included: Intego Backup Manager Pro, Genie Backup Manager Pro, LaCie Private-Public, and LaCie RAID Manager
LaCie 6big specs
|Drives||6 x hot-swappable, enterprise-class 7200 rpm hard drives|
|Connections||2 x Thunderbolt 3
1 x USB 3.1
|Interface Transfer Rates||Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s
USB 3.1: 10 Gb/s
|Read / Write Speeds||
RAID 0: 1400 MB/s Read and Write
RAID 5: 1200 MB/s Read, 1150 MB/s Write
RAID 0: 400 MB/s Read and Write
RAID 5: 350 MB/s Read and Write
|Interface Technology||Both Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 through a single reversible USB-C cable
Bi-directional, dual-protocol, and supports dual 4K displays or one 5K display
|Security||Kensington lock compatible
LaCie Private-Public for AES 256-bit software encryption
|Cooling||2 x redundant fans
Heat-dissipating, all-aluminum enclosure
|Indicators||Front-facing status LEDs for disk, power, and alarm events
System monitoring, audible alarm, and email alerts for failure and warning events via LaCie RAID manager
|Power Supply||100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 250 W|
|System Requirement||USB Type-C or USB Type-A port
600 MB of free disk space
|Operating Systems Supported||Mac OS X 10.10 and later
Windows 8 and higher
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||6.3 x 8.9 x 9.3" / 161 x 225 x 237 mm|
|Weight||21.8 lb / 9.9 kg|
|Package Weight||27.75 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.803 x 14.331 x 11.496"|