Matrox Monarch LCS Lecture Capture Appliance Academic
The Monarch LCS Lecture Capture Appliance from Matrox allows you to simultaneously stream and record HDMI/SDI-based video. Expanding on the Monarch HDX, the Monarch LCS features two HDMI inputs, one for video sources and one for computer sources, plus one SDI input. Its dual encoders can process up to two of these three inputs simultaneously. Live content preview is available in both HDMI and SDI outputs. The Monarch LCS is designed to provide a mix of live video footage and/or SDI/HDMI presentation material. Suitable for on-line courses or lectures, video of the instructor can be displayed alongside the class material being referenced.
The Monarch LCS's two H.264 encoders can process each HDMI/SDI signal at up to 1080p30 resolution. These dual streams make multiple modes including PiP, side by side, and dual isolated layouts possible. Select newer third-party video players enable viewers as well as operators to choose layouts. Switcher mode is another Monarch LCS option, offering operators on-the-fly input selection throughout their event.
Mismatched audio and video signals are a thing of the past thanks to the Monarch LCS's frame synchronizer. Frame rate differences are eliminated by synching the computer and audio signals to the video camera signal.
The Monarch LCS Command Center offers easy operation via any device (tablet, etc.) supporting standard web-browsing software (Internet Explorer and Safari fully validated). There are preset encoding and layout options for effortless operation or you can create and save up to eight user-defined setting profiles. Advanced network administrators can employ any VMS software (available separately) to use command controls with the Monarch LCS.
- Multiple Operating Modes
- The user can choose between multiple operating modes with preset layouts or can actively alternate inputs in Switcher Mode.
- Viewer Defined Layouts
- In Isolated mode, the Monarch LCS can be used with select third-party players that allow viewers to choose between layout options.
- High Streaming Rate
- Choose individual encoding settings for each of the Monarch LCS's two channels. A total of up to 20 Mbps, 1080p30 encoding capacity can be shared across the dual streams.
- Integrates Easily with Asset Management Software
- The Monarch LCS is designed to work with existing network infrastructures using third-party video or lecture management software such as OpenCast or Moodle. It also integrates easily with open-source scheduling programs such as Google Calendar. 1
- Simple or Advanced Operation Options
- Accessible through any web-browser–equipped device on its network, the Monarch LCS Command Center provides a variety of control options. One-click encoding and multiple presets simplify operation for novice users while advanced operators can create and save up to eight custom profiles.
- Multiple Destination Options
- The Monarch LCS records content in MOV or MP4 files, ensuring playback on almost all devices. Record to USB drives, SD cards, or network-mapped drives for use with distance-learning software. It uses RTMP or RTSP protocols to deliver live streams to local servers or cloud-based networks. 2
- HDMI and SDI Inputs
- Both HDMI and SDI video inputs are supported, offering the option of using whichever best suits your needs. Either embedded HDMI or analog audio can be used as audio sources.
- Frame Synchronization Between Inputs
- The Monarch LCS resolves any viewing issues arising from varying resolution and frame rates among video, audio, and computer-based content. These different signals are synchronized before encoding, ensuring perfectly aligned video and audio feeds. Integrated frame syncs also correct any breaks in the input signal continuity, providing uninterrupted streaming and recording.
- Live Production Preview Output
- Both the SDI and HDMI outputs remain active while the Monarch LCS is in use. Each output can be mapped to either input. The HDMI output also offers a preview option when the content output is matched to the frame size of the encoding parameters.
- Additional Features
- Integrates with Crestron control systems via the Monarch LCS Control API
- Use the Matrox Utils application to remotely manage, update, and reboot all Monarch devices on your network
- Enterprise-level users can configure their options with the Monarch LCS Dev Tools application
- HTTP computer-based control via browser using Monarch LCS Command Center
- On-unit control buttons offer an alternative to using the Command Center
- Media slots and control buttons are located on the front of the unit for easy access
- Fit up to two Monarch LCS units on an optional 1 RU rack tray
|Sample Frequency||Digitized from Analog Source: 32, 44.1, 48 kHz|
|Channels||2 Stereo (L&R)|
|Bit Rates||32 to 256 kbps|
|Downscaling||10-bit downscaler and deinterlacer|
|Operating Temperature||32-104°F (0-40°C)|
|Humidity Range||Operating: 20-80% (non-condensing)
Storage: 5-95% (non-condensing)
|Maximum Altitude||Operation: 9843 ft (3000 m)
Transportation: 39,370 ft (12,000 m)
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.5 x 5.59 x 1.47" (21.59 x 14.2 x 3.73 cm)|
|Weight||1.3 lb (0.6 kg)|
|Package Weight||4.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.1 x 8.6 x 3.4"|