NewTek TriCaster Mini HD-4sdi
The NewTek TriCaster Mini HD-4sdi is a compact, all-in-one multimedia solution that allows you to simultaneously broadcast, stream, and record live productions from virtually anywhere. The 16-channel switcher makes it easy to switch between four SDI cameras, mix audio, add graphics and titles, and add advanced effects like virtual sets and animated transitions. Using the same intuitive and fully featured control software as the rest of the TriCaster professional line, the TriCaster Mini is suited for both new users and seasoned pros. For added convenience, a 7" display is built-in for viewing the Program output, Preview output, or any input source signal.
In addition to the four SDI inputs, you can choose from two live sources from supported devices on the network, including computers, USB webcams, or even wireless Apple AirPlay devices. Two SDI outputs are provided for sending the Program output with audio to external devices, with video-only HDMI and DVI outputs available for monitoring the multi-view output and user interface.
The TriCaster Mini can record up to four simultaneous video input or output signals at full resolution to the two internal 750GB storage drives, providing up to 30 hours of HD video recording. You can also record to external drives connected via USB 3.0. The TriCaster Mini supports HD live streaming with presets up to 720p, available for RTMP and browser-based streaming applications. Additionally, you can save a web-ready streaming file for later upload to popular social media or video-on-demand sites.
A cable retention bracket comes included, which doubles as a handle for the TriCaster Mini. Also included are a keyboard and mouse, which provide cordless operation via wireless Bluetooth technology. You can also add the optional TriCaster Mini Control Panel for traditional tactile control with T-bar and illuminated buttons.
- All-in-One Multimedia Studio
- The TriCaster Mini makes it possible for anyone to start creating multimedia content, without the need for additional software or equipment. With just one system, you can switch between four cameras, mix audio, add graphics and titles, and add advanced effects like virtual sets and animated transitions. You can also network with computers and wireless devices for presentations and screen sharing, stream to the web, publish to social media sites, and record content for later viewing.
- Compact, Travel-Ready Size
- The compact size of the TriCaster Mini allows you to produce and stream content from virtually anywhere. It's small enough to fit into a backpack for easy travel, and doesn't require a studio full of gear to use.
- 16-Channel, Four-Camera Production
- Connect and switch between up to four SDI cameras and produce content in resolutions up to 1080p. Two overlay channels allow for mixing sources and creating multi-layer compositions.
- Network Sources
- Choose two live sources from any number of supported devices on the same network. Supported sources include: networked computers via included NewTek iVGA client application; wireless Apple AirPlay devices; TriCaster 8000, 860, 460, 410, or Mini; 3Play 4800, 440, or 425; USB video sources; video over IP sources; RTMP or RTSP streams; HTTP streaming video sources; and a variety of third party partner solutions.
- Robotic Camera Support
- Access up to four live Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) robotic cameras via standard serial and network protocols, with native preset system and user interface control over camera orientation, zoom, focus, and iris.
- Multi-Channel Audio Mixer
- The multi-channel audio mixer within the TriCaster software lets you manage camera audio, including internal and external audio sources, outputs, recorded audio, stream audio, and headphone output. It supports Master and Aux output mixes.
- Pan control, solo auditioning, seven-band equalizer, and stereo compressor/limiter per input and output, with per-input audio delay control
- Multi-bus routing of audio source channels to any combination of outputs, with independent level control over channels 1/2 and 3/4 for quad sources
- Audio Follow Video system enabling audio to follow multiple video sources, with support for unlimited audio grouping combinations
- Digital audio inputs equipped with audio time-base synchronizers
- Supports companion iPad audio mixing app and Avid Artist Mix audio control surface
- Record up to four simultaneous video input or output signals at full resolution in QuickTime, MPEG-2, AVI, or H.264 file formats to internal or external storage.
- Recorded media is stored to two 750GB internal drives, accommodating approximately up to 30 hours of HD video recording. Media can also be recorded to external storage drives connected via USB 3.0.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables wireless connection to local network for streaming, publishing, and networking.
- TriCaster Mini supports HD live streaming with presets up to 720p, supporting the most common streaming profiles and custom multi-bit rate streaming profiles (including RTMP streaming and browser-based streaming applications), and autosave of web-ready stream files for video-on-demand (VOD) upload.
- Upload video and images directly to social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter; export content to FTP servers, and copy files to attached or networked storage locations.
- An external monitor is required for viewing the user interface and for multi-view display. The TriCaster Mini has HDMI and DVI outputs for hooking up an external display. A built-in 7" case display is provided and shows the Program output by default, but can also be set to show the Preview selection, any source signal, buffer, waveform display, vectorscope display, or the production clock.
- Five digital media players are provided for video, graphics, and sounds. You can also access up to 15 additional graphic sources instantly during live production with still and title buffers.
- Mix Effects
- The TriCaster Mini features four M/E buses, each with independent switcher and key layer, for advanced video mixing, compositing, effects, and virtual sets.
- Mix mode enables secondary switcher operation for output, submix, or recording, with Program/Preview workflow and transitions
- Effects mode enables multi-layer compositing, effects generation, and virtual set application, with per-source 3D DVE, scaling, cropping, and keying
- Transitions and Effects
- The built-in effects engine lets you apply transitions, animation stores, and real-time 3D video warping. An Animation Store Creator is included for creating custom effects.
- Virtual Sets
- Over thirty HD live virtual sets are provided with multiple camera angles, shot presets, realistic virtual camera movements, and real-time reflections, plus support for custom holographic virtual sets.
- Use macros to record your favorite go-to settings, commands, or operation sequences, and then create custom one-step shortcuts to simplify or automate control. Support for standard MIDI protocol enables third party MIDI device control of TriCaster operations via macros.
- Grab Stills
- Grab full resolution, de-fielded still images from Program output, and freely choose to add grabs to Publish queue, Media Player presets, and Buffer destinations.
NewTek HD-4 specs
|Channels||16 Channels (six external, six internal, four M/E buses)|
|Video Inputs||4 x SDI (auto-detection of format, resolution, and frame rate)|
|Network Sources||Two live sources (selectable from any available network sources with support for video, audio, and alpha channel)|
|Video Output||2 x SDI
1 x HDMI (video only)
1 x DVI (video only)
1 x Ethernet port (for live streaming)
A/V output to network-connected TriCaster over local network
|Media||Five integrated digital media sources for video, graphics and sounds (two DDRs, two GFX, and Sound), and 15 buffers|
|Downstream Keyer||Two primary DSK channels
One additional Key layer per M/E bus (each with independent transition controls, 3D DVE, scaling, cropping and integrated TransWarp effects)
|Audio Inputs||2 x 1/4" Audio jacks (left and right channels, line level)
1 x 1/4" Microphone jack (mono, mic level)
Embedded audio from the SDI inputs
|Audio Outputs||2 x 1/4" Audio jacks (left and right channels, line level)
1 x 1/4" Stereo headphone jack
Embedded audio in the SDI outputs
|Multi-View Outputs||1 x HDMI
1 x DVI
|Video Resolution||1080p 30/24
|Playback Media Formats||AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG (1, 2, all profiles, program or transport streams), MP4, WMV, WebM, PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, EXR, RAW, TIF, AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more, with Import Media application for batch import with optional transcoding of files (including Apple ProRes)|
|Latency||Between 1 and 2 frames|
|Processing||Video: 4:4:4:4, 32-bit floating point
Audio: four channels, 96 kHz, 32-bit floating point
|USB Ports||2 x USB 2.0
2 x USB 3.0
|Streaming||Up to 720p|
|Recording||Up to four simultaneous video input or output signals in QuickTime (XDCAM HD compatible, 4:2:2 encoding, 24-bit audio), MPEG-2 (High or Normal profile), AVI (SpeedHQ), or H.264 (High or Web quality) file formats|
|Storage||2 x 750 GB internal drives, approximately 30 hours of HD video|
|Display||7" (17.8 cm) LCD screen for output display|
|Dimensions||4.6 x 9.2 x 7.9" / 11.7 x 23.4 x 20.1 cm|
|Weight||9 lb / 4.1 kg|
|Package Weight||19.05 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||21.9 x 16.8 x 11.5"|