Telestream Wirecast Pro 8 for Mac
Live Streaming Production Software
Turn your computer into a television studio with Wirecast. Telestream Wirecast® is live streaming and production software that gives you everything they need to stream and produce professional-quality video from your mac or windows computer to Facebook, Youtube Live, Twitter/Periscope, and many, many more. Connect multiple live cameras, IP sources, audio interfaces, live screen captures, wifi or LTE sources, and mix in other media such as videos, images, sounds on the fly with professional transitions, 3D titles and graphics, green screen keying, virtual sets, live scoreboards, Twitter comments and more.
Bring in live remote guests instantly with Wirecast Rendezvous and host your own talk show. Wirecast is ideal for producing live internet shows, webinars, news, sporting events, concerts, religious services, corporate meetings, lectures, and online game streams affordably and easily.
Plug in your camera. Prepare your shots. Broadcast live.
Telestream’s Wirecast is the only cross-platform, all-in-one live streaming production software that enables capture, live production, and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously.
With Wirecast, you can stream multiple live cameras while dynamically mixing in other media such as movies, images, and sounds, and adding production features such as transitions, built-in titles, chroma key, virtual sets, and live scoreboards. Wirecast is ideal for broadcasting professional-looking live internet shows, news, online gaming, sporting events, concerts, church services, corporate meetings, lectures and much more.
Easy to use
You don't need to be a video professional to create polished live broadcasts. Wirecast is easy and affordable - all you need is a camera, a computer and an Internet connection to broadcast your live video productions to any audience, live or on-demand at a fraction of the cost of other live video streaming solutions.
Capture from multiple cameras and other input sources
Wirecast supports an unlimited number of input sources ranging from web cameras (via USB, firewire), DV/HDV, SDI cameras (via capture cards), as well as IP and web-based sources and wireless devices.
Wirecast supports a large number of capture cards and devices including many from Blackmagic Design, Matrox, Teradek and more. Simply connect your input sources to your computer and Wirecast will recognize them as live feeds.
Switch between live feeds and other media
Wirecast's powerful production capabilities make it easy to switch between multiple live camera feeds while dynamically mixing in prerecorded video, audio, graphics and slides. Easily generate transitions, titles and lower thirds, and other video effects for added polish.
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X El Capitan||Windows 10, macOS Sierra|
|Processor||i5 dual-core @ 2.3GHz1||i7 quad-core @ 2.8GHz+|
|Memory||4GB RAM||16GB+ RAM|
|Hard Drive||2GB2, 7200 RPM for record to disk||500GB+, Solid State OS Drive|
|Graphics Card||Intel HD3, DirectX 11 capable||Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon, 1GB+ video memory|
|Internet Connectivity||Open HTTP/HTTPS port 80, RTMP port 1935, port 7272 for Remote Desktop Presenter||If behind a firewall, check with your CDN for any sites to whitelist|
NewBlueFX Titler Live Express & Present – Includes over 60 title templates for lower-thirds and overlays (Mac & Windows).
Purchase of Wirecast 8 Studio includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Express.
Purchase of Wirecast 8 Pro includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Present.
Remote Desktop Presenter – Please use the Remote Desktop Presenter version 2.0.8, available as a separate download from Telestream.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
Minimum Required Upload Speed
- It is recommended that an upload speed rate of at least double the selected video bitrate be available, especially for a total target bit-rate of 10Mbps (Megabits per second) or less, or when there are multiple outgoing streams.
- Upload speed can be tested at a website such as TestMy.net/upload.
- Additional tasks that can consume upload bandwidth on the network should also be considered when determining how much of the available upload bandwidth can be allocated towards streaming
Wirecast Rendezvous uses WebRTC technology that can be very resource intensive. For the best experience, we suggest considering the following table when choosing hardware:
Studio (2 guests + 1 host)
Pro (7 guests + 1 host)
Studio (2 guests + 1 host) Pro (7 guests + 1 host)
|Bandwidth4||Add 4 Mbps||Add 5+ Mbps5|
|Processor4||i5 quad-core6||i7 quad-core6|
4 Based on a single simultaneous stream of 720p30 x264 @ 4.0Mbps.
5 Bandwidth per guest will scale downwards as more are added to maintain reliability.
6 Minimum recommended processor with example stream4. More demanding workflows may require a more capable CPU.
High frame-rate streaming (60fps):
- High frame-rate streaming will result in increased CPU usage and require a higher bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for a quality encode.
- Simply switching to a higher frame-rate without ensuring the CPU and bitrate are sufficient may result in a lower quality encode.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- Maintained system CPU usage greater than 60% will increase the likelihood of dropped frames.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality.
- Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications.
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~20 MB/sec
- Total expected data rate should be compared to available disk write speed to ensure adequate disk throughput.
- Failure to ensure the available disk write speed is greater than the highest expected total data rate may result in frames being dropped from recordings (ISO, Replay, and Record-to-Disk).
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements:
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core.
- List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an NVidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer.
- NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs