Telestream Wirecast Pro 8 Upgrade from Studio 7 (Win)
Live Streaming Production Software
Wirecast Pro 7 Includes all features of Wirecast Studio and adds integrated HDV input support, Replay, support for more capture devices and IP cameras, web stream input, program feed output, live scoreboards, 3D virtual sets, and ISO recording. Includes a FREE copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Express (a $99 value).
Plug in your camera. Prepare your shots. Broadcast live.
Telestream’s Wirecast is the only cross-platform, all-in-one live streaming production software that enables capture, live production, and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously.
With Wirecast, you can stream multiple live cameras while dynamically mixing in other media such as movies, images, and sounds, and adding production features such as transitions, built-in titles, chroma key, virtual sets, and live scoreboards. Wirecast is ideal for broadcasting professional-looking live internet shows, news, online gaming, sporting events, concerts, church services, corporate meetings, lectures and much more.
Easy to use
You don't need to be a video professional to create polished live
broadcasts. Wirecast is easy and affordable - all you need is a camera, a computer and an Internet connection to broadcast your live video productions to any audience, live or on-demand at a fraction of the cost of other live video streaming solutions.
Capture from multiple cameras and other input sources
Wirecast supports an unlimited number of input sources ranging from
web cameras (via USB, firewire), DV/HDV, SDI cameras (via capture
cards), as well as IP and web-based sources and wireless devices.
Wirecast supports a large number of capture cards and devices including many from Blackmagic Design, Matrox, Teradek and more. Simply connect your input sources to your computer and Wirecast will recognize them as live feeds.
Switch between live feeds and other media
Wirecast's powerful production capabilities make it easy to switch
between multiple live camera feeds while dynamically mixing in prerecorded video, audio, graphics and slides. Easily generate transitions, titles and lower thirds, and other video effects for added polish.
Add professionalism to your broadcasts
- Multiple user-definable layers:Wirecast's multiple layer support allows up to 35 layers of live compositing.
- Built-in Desktop Presenter: Broadcast any computer on your network in HD 60 fps. Perfect for PowerPoint or Keynote presentations, online gaming, or for broadcasting live interviews using Skype or other chat clients.
- Incredible titles:More than 30 built-in professional broadcast quality title themes.
- Chroma key:Transport your production to a new studio or location using Wirecast's high quality GPU accelerated real-time green screen solution.
- Scoreboards:Use the built-in scoreboard templates to track scores for live action sporting events.
- Amazing 3D graphics:Generate transitions and effects in real-time, including cross-fade, 3D cube, swinging doors, sliding etc.
- Virtual sets: Create a virtual TV studio environment with Wirecast's built-in sets.
Use built-in multiformat encoding for more flexibility
When you're ready to broadcast your live event, Wirecast's built-in
encoding engine allows you to stream in Flash, QuickTime and Windows Media formats for maximum flexibility.
Stream to multiple destinations simultaneously
Set up your project to stream to multiple destinations and bitrates with just a few clicks. Wirecast offers integrated setup for industry-leading streaming services and platforms.
Choose other output options
The Virtual Camera and Microphone output feature allows Wirecast
video and audio output to be picked up as a source in other devices and software. Or, send the program feed out to an editing, effects or broadcast workflow. Additionally, you can record your production to disk for future archiving or on-demand distribution.
Streaming protocol support:
RTMP, RTSP, MMS (Windows)
Live encoding format support:
QuickTime, Flash, Windows Media
English, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian,
Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
Capture your live feeds from a wide range of camera sources.
Capture your content
Wirecast supports an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from
- Cameras: USB, Thunderbolt, SD/HD, SDI, HDMI
- iOS 8 cameras with Wirecast Cam
- Microphones: USB, XLR, Unbalanced
- Audio mixers
- Screen capture with Desktop Presenter (local or remote)
- RTMP, MMS, RTSP, HTTP (Pro)
- Web streams (Pro)
- IP cameras (Pro)
- USB 3.0
- AJA, Blackmagic Design, Magewell, Matrox, Epiphan and many more
- NewBlue’s Titler Live for Wirecast
- Teradek Cube – 100 &150 (HD-SDI), 200 & 250 (HDMI) (Pro)
- Teradek Bond, Teradek Sputnik Server (Pro)
- Sportzcast LiveScore Service (Pro Windows)
- LiveU portable 3G/4G backpack – LU60
Produce your show
Live production features include:
- Live compositing with multiple layers
- Live switching
- Lower thirds
- Chroma key
- Mix Audio/ Mix/Minus
- Audio & Video delay
- Instant Replay (Pro)
- ISO recording (Pro)
- Twitter feed integration
- Animated 3D titles with NewBlue Titler Live Express for Wirecast (free with purchase of Wirecast, with upgraded versions starting at $299)
- Live scoreboards (Pro)
- Integration with Sportzcast live scoreboards (Pro)
- 3D Virtual sets (Pro)
- Integration with 3D virtual sets from Virtualsetworks ($329) (Pro)
Live encoding formats & Protocols: x264, H.264, RTMP, RTP, ProRes, MJPEG, WMV
Stream it live
Deliver your live streams to:
- Streaming services & CDNs including Facebook Live (see a list of destination partners)
- Streaming servers
- Record to disc (ProRes, MJPEG)
- Virtual camera and microphone out
- External monitor output
- Program feed out through Blackmagic Design (Pro)
- RTP for multi- and unicast
- MMS (Windows)
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
- Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan*
- Internet connectivity**, ***
- Requires internet connectivity with HTTP/HTTPS port 80, and RTMP port 1935 open for streaming, Remote Desktop Presenter requires opening port 7272.
- For lowest quality (240p) streaming an upload rate of at least 650Kbps is required.
- 720p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 2500 Kbps.
- 1080p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 4500 Kbps.
- Cam requires iOS 8 or later.
Recommended Hardware Specifications****
- Processor Requirements:
- Intel ‘Sandy Bridge’ Core i3 for 540p or lower streaming
- Intel 'Sandy Bridge' Core i5 CPU @ 2.5Ghz or higher recommended for 720p streaming @ 30fps*****
- Intel 'Sandy Bridge' Core i7 CPU @ 3.0Ghz or higher recommended for 1080p streaming @ 30fps*****
- Graphics Requirements:
- Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, or AMD Radeon class graphics adapter that are both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 capable.
- Memory Requirements:
- Minimum 4GB RAM, 2GB free hard disk space. Additional hard disk space required for recording to disk.
Hardware-Accelerated Encoding Requirements
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core. List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync →
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an nvidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer. NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs →
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality. Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac OS X) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac OS X ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications: https://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/professionalformatsandworkflows/index.html#chapter=10%26section=4%26tasks=true
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~20 MB/sec
* Wirecast 7 does not support OS X Mavericks or previous versions of OS
** An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 7.0 activation.
*** It is recommended that an upload rate of at least double the desired rate be available.
**** Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
***** 60 FPS streaming will result in increased CPU usage and a high bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for good quality.