Blackmagic Design Studio Fiber Converter
Blackmagic Studio Fiber Converter
The Blackmagic Studio Fiber Converter is used at the other end of your broadcast camera chain back in the studio or outside broadcast truck. It converts signals from the remote camera back into standard television industry connections that can be used with your live production switchers, audio mixers and talkback interfaces. It features a high capacity power supply to drive the cable so it can provide enough power for your camera and any accessories that you might add. The studio fiber converter includes connections for tally, two dual channel intercoms for industry standard 3rd party talkback systems, and even a backup engineering talkback channel in case the fiber goes down. You get a main Ultra HD camera feed plus 3 independent HD return feeds with full remote camera control, PTZ, tracker talkback and ethernet, all through a single SMPTE fiber cable. Plus, there is a large 5 inch LCD screen right next to the SMPTE fiber connection on the front panel for monitoring signals from the remote camera. This allows for easy patching and verification of the remote camera function!
Dual Channel Talkback
Two dual channel talkbackintercoms with backup!
The Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter and Blackmagic Studio Fiber Converter provide 2 dual channel digital talkback connections that are compatible with professional 5 pin XLR talkback headsets. The camera converter even has convenient controls for mixing in program return audio with your talkback headset so you can adjust the volume as needed while talking to the rest of the crew. The talkback intercoms can be used for both production and engineering. In addition, there is a backup channel available for troubleshooting in case the fiber link is down. This backup talkback channel automatically switches over and uses the data pair in the SMPTE cable if the fiber is not working. The Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter also includes a standard 10 pin connection for tracker talkback, which is perfect when both headset connections are in use and you need to feed an additional talkback connection through to your crane operator.
Full Size Professional Connections
Standard television industry connections
Blackmagic Studio Fiber Converter
- Power ConnectorConnect an IEC power cable to the powerinput on the rear panel to provide power.
- Intercom / TallyThe 25 pin intercom and tally connectionallows you to connect to third party intercom and tally systems or extend your existingATEM converters to other analog devices.
- PTZThe 9 pin D-Sub connector allows you to connect PTZ controllers to the Blackmagic Studio Fiber Converter for remote control pass through to the Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter for PTZ heads via the Visca protocol.
- Analog Audio OutFour XLR audio outputs allows you to output the audio plugged into inputs 1 and 2 from your camera, and the two XLR audio inputs on the Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter.
- 12G SDI In and OutTwo 12G-SDI outputs connect the output from the camera to the switcher and also another destination such as HyperDeck Studio for ISO recording.
- Ref In/OutThe Ref In connection sends traditional reference timing from other broadcast devices to your camera, and Ref Out acts as a loop output.
- USB-C ConnectorThe USB-C port allows you to update internal software.
- SMPTE Hybrid Fiber Optic ConnectorUse the Blackmagic Studio Fiber Converter’s female connector to plug in the male end of a SMPTE Fiber cable.
The Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter lets you extend and power your URSA Broadcast from up to 2 km away using industry standard SMPTE fiber cables. It also includes common live camera controls with multiple channels of talkback and standard television industry talkback headset connections. The Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter features 1 Ultra HD camera feed, plus 3 HD return feeds in a compact IP video based design.
Optical Fiber Input
1x SMPTE Hybrid Fiber Optic
with SMPTE 304 connector (Male).
SDI Video Input
1x 12G SDI for Camera feed.
SDI Video Output
1x 3G SDI for Camera return
feed, 3x 3G SDI for Return SDI Outputs.
2x 5-pin XLR for headset with three way
audio mixer per output, 1x Tracker output.
2x 3-pin XLR Inputs for AES,
Line or Mic input. Phantom Power available.
1x USB-C connector.
HD Video Standards
720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
Ultra HD Video Standards
2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p60
SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, 296M,
372M, 424M Level B, 425M.
Television standard sample rate of 48Khz, 24 bit A/D conversion.
REC 709, REC 2020.
Multiple Rate Support
SDI switches between HD,
3G-SDI, 6G-SDI and 12G‑SDI.
Mac 10.11 El Capitan,
Mac 10.12 Sierra or later. Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.